Recover Lotus Notes archive to standard mail file
All the Lotus Notes archive mail file look similar with the standard mail file because they are using the same mail template. You might need to use the archive mail file to replace the existing mail file in server for certain cases. However you will notice that the mail archive will have some limitation/restriction such as
1. Cannot rename the database/mailbox name. You will see the name “Archive” in the mail file
2. No archive action from the menu
This is due the to parameters/values configured in the Archive Database Profile that will treat this database is archive file. You have to delete/modify the Archive Database Profile in order to revert/recover the Lotus Notes archive into standard mail.
Solution to Revert/Recover the Lotus Notes archive into standard mail file:
1. After open the archive mail file, select Create – Agent from the menu
2. Give a name for the agent
3. Under Initialize sub routine, enter the following code:
Sub Initialize() Dim session As New NotesSession Dim db As NotesDatabase Dim doc As NotesDocument Set db=session.CurrentDatabase Set doc=db.GetProfileDocument("archive database profile") Call doc.remove(True) If doc Is Nothing Then MsgBox "Archive Database Profile document was successfully removed. Please restart the Lotus Notes client" Else MsgBox "Profile Document WAS NOT Removed",48 End if End Sub
4. After you saved the agent, you should be able to use the “revert archive to standard mail” (or whichever name you used to created the agent) agent from the Action menu
5. Once you run the action/agent, a message will tell you the status and you have to restart the Lotus Notes client in for the view the result
6. After restarted the Lotus Notes client, you should be able to use the mail file as normal.
In case that you do not see the “Archive” action, then you have to refresh/replace the mail template.